How many times do you find yourself trying something new but not sure how to start or where to go with it? We have all been there! I want to help you with 10 easy ways for you to become just a little more eco-friendly.
- Bamboo toothbrush – This is an easy one. For example, Replenish-yeg has a ton of these! I couldn’t imagine using something plastic for a few months and then it being thrown out and forgotten about. A bamboo toothbrush, though not perfect with plastic bristles, the handle can be composted after using.
- Toothpaste tabs – Again, when I looked around me I was trying to find little ways to decrease the amount of plastic in my life. Toothpaste tabs come in packaging that you can reuse or at least recycle and the tabs themselves are not packaged. You simply pop one into your mouth, chew, and brush. That’s it!
- Shampoo/conditioner bars/face wash bar/body wash bar– I LOVE these! There are two reasons I have fallen in love with using bars instead of bottles. First, no plastic bottle! It is amazing how much plastic is saved by simply switching to bars. Lush and Replenish-Yeg has a great selection. Second, travel size! Going to the gym or traveling is so much easier now because you don’t have a liquid to worry about.
- Reusable makeup wipes – Truth time with this one, I don’t wear a lot of makeup. However, I helped a friend rid herself of cotton pads to remove makeup. This one isn’t about plastic, but less waste in general! There are two levels to this one as well. One, wearing less makeup is better for my skin anyway. Two, we are throwing out less waste for the landfill.
- Hand-soap – This one is a hard one for my Hubby to handle. We used up the plastic pump bottles that were stored in the cupboard. Then we switched to a hand-soap bar. I know people who love these but we just couldn’t get on board. We are still finishing up our trial bar but there is so much soap that ends up on the counter! Next up is trying a reusable glass pump with refillable soap. I will keep you posted on this one!
What tips do you have for eco-friendly swaps to make in the bathroom?